Mississippi Gulf Coast has a quick turnaround in MACJC play Tuesday when the Bulldogs travel to Decatur to take on East Central.
The Bulldogs had their weekend series pushed back to Sunday, giving them only one day off before the 3 p.m. doubleheader, which will be streamed at https://www.eccc.edu/eccc-media.
Gulf Coast needed only one relief pitcher in its sweep at Coahoma.
- MGCCC: 10-4/2-0 MACJC, T-1st place in conference
- East Central: 8-8/1-1 MACJC, T-5th place in conference
Last Time Out
- MGCCC swept Coahoma in its MACJC opener Sunday, winning 17-2 and 7-3.
- East Central split its MACJC opener Saturday, losing 5-4 to Holmes and winning 3-1.
Gulf Coast swept ECCC at Perk last year on May, winning 9-1 and 5-2. Brandon Parker broke the school record with his 20th home run, and Josh Lewis threw a two-hitter.
"They're always a team that's going to compete really hard. I think East Central is one of the toughest places to go and play in this league. It's gonna be two tough games. It'll be a test for us." – Gulf Coast coach Rodney Batts.
- Dawson Hall (Fr., East Central/Hurley) ranks 12th among NJCAA Division II pitchers who have thrown 20 innings in K/9 at 12.13.
- Brandon Parker (So., West Harrison/Saucier) is tied for 11th in the country with 5 home runs
- Cullan O'Shea (So., Mary G. Montgomery/Mobile Ala.) has a nine-game RBI streak (20 total).
- Dee Hawthorne has gone 2-for-3 in his last three games.
- Saturday, vs. Holmes, 2/5 p.m., Perkinston
- Wednesday, March 27, at Copiah-Lincoln, 3/6 p.m., Wesson
- Saturday, March 30, vs. Mississippi Delta, 2/5 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.