PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast puts an 11-game win streak on the line Saturday when Holmes visits Ken "Curly" Farris Field.
The doubleheader is set to start at 2 p.m. It will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8605536.
The set starts a string of four home dates in the next five. Gulf Coast has a three-game win streak against Holmes dating back to 2017.
- MGCCC: 12-5/4-0 MACJC, T-1st in MACJC
- Holmes: 17-3/2-2, T-6th in MACJC
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast beat East Central twice Tuesday at Decatur by identical 9-5 scores. Miller Hancock (So., East Webster/Maben) went 4-for-8 to help fuel the Bulldogs' offense.
- Holmes handed No. 2 Jones its second loss of the season Tuesday, winning the first game 1-0. It lost 12-2 in six innings in the back half of the doubleheader.
Gulf Coast beat Holmes twice at Goodman last season, winning 10-4 and 9-7 on March 31. Brandon Parker (So., West Harrison/Saucier) hit three home runs.
- Parker is tied for 14th in NJCAA Division II with five home runs. He has hits in 13 of 16 games.
- Cullan O'Shea (So., Mary G. Montgomery/Mobile Ala.) has an 11-game RBI streak during which time he's driven in 22 runs.
- Ike Williams (So., St. Martin/St. Martin) has hits in 12 of 16 MGCCC games and hit home runs in three straight games March 13-March 16.
- Alden Davis (So., Pascagoula/Pascagoula) has three three-RBI games this year.
- Wednesday, at Copiah-Lincoln, 3 p.m., Wesson
- Saturday, March 30, vs. Mississippi Delta, 2 p.m., Perkinston
- Tuesday, April 2, vs. Pearl River, 2 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.