PERKINSTON — No. 18 Gulf Coast continues its MACJC gauntlet Wednesday, traveling to Raymond to take on No. 13 Hinds.
First pitch is scheduled for 3 p.m. The games will be streamed at https://www.hindsccsports.net/.
The Bulldogs are playing their third straight doubleheader against a team ranked in the NJCAA Division II top 20.
- MGCCC: 17-9/9-5 MACJC, T-4th in conference
- Hinds: 21-5/9-2, 1st place in conference
Last Time Out
- MGCCC got swept by Pearl River on Saturday, falling 6-1 and 6-3.
- Hinds beat East Mississippi 8-4 in the first game of its doubleheader Saturday before rains washed out the second. Jovante Dorris had two doubles and three RBI for the Eagles.
The teams split a doubleheader at Perkinston on April 5, 2018. Josh Lewis, now a starter Southern Miss, threw a complete game in an 8-3 win that saw Cullan O'Shea (So., Mary G. Montgomery/Mobile Ala.) hit a pair of homers.
"Each year, you go through ups and downs. You just can't let it go too far. We've lost four in row, so we've got to play with a sense of urgency. We're right in the crunch of our season. We just have to have the will to win against a really good offensive team. We'll have our hands full, but we have to play with confidence." – Gulf Coast coach Rodney Batts
- Ike Williams (So., St. Martin/St. Martin) has a nine-game hitting streak.
- Alden Davis (So., Pascagoula/Pascagoula) has hit safely in 21 of 26 games.
- Brandon Parker (So., West Harrison/Saucier) is tied for fifth in NJCAA Division II with eight home runs (Dan Pruitt, Western Oklahoma State, 13).
- Saturday, April 13, vs. Meridian, 2 p.m., Perkinston
- Tuesday, April 16, vs. Baton Rouge, 3 p.m., Perkinston
- Friday, April 19, vs. East Mississippi, 3 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.