PERKINSTON — Fresh off snapping a four-game losing streak by sweeping a top-10 team on the road, Mississippi Gulf Coast returns to Ken "Curly" Farris Field on Friday for another battle against a top-20 team.
No. 13 Meridian is next up, and the Bulldogs will look to get to .500 at home this season.
The games will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8632114. First pitch is scheduled for 3 p.m.
Gulf Coast is 13-1 on the road, but only 6-8 at Perkinston.
- MGCCC: 19-9/11-5 MACJC, 4th in conference
- Meridian: 19-8/8-5, 6th in conference
Last Time Out
- MGCCC continued its road mastery by sweep Hinds 4-2 and 13-1 on Wednesday in Raymond. The Bulldogs got great starts from Dawson Hall (Fr., East Central/Hurley) and Ian Landreneau (Fr., John Curtis/River Ridge La.), and Brandon Parker (So., West Harrison/Saucier), Fisher Ray (So., George County/Bruce) and Miller Hancock (So., East Webster/Maben) all had four hits. Louis Morgan (Fr., East Central/Hurley) went 3-for-3 with a home run in Game 2. Cullan O'Shea (So., Mary G. Montgomery/Mobile Ala.) drove in all four runs in the first game, including a two-run homer.
- Meridian snapped a three-game losing streak by sweeping Mississippi Delta 13-8 and 9-2 at home.
Meridian bounced Gulf Coast into the loser's bracket at the NJCAA Region 23 Tournament last season, winning 13-5 in seven innings in Eunice, La. The Bulldogs committed three early errors which helped seal their fate
- Ike Williams (So., St. Martin/St. Martin) has an 11-game hitting streak.
- Bulldogs pitchers didn't walk a batter in 15 innings at Hinds.
- Parker is tied for sixth in the country with eight home runs (Dan Pruitt, Western Oklahoma State, 13).
- O'Shea is tied for 16th in NJCAA Division II with 38 RBI.
- Kole Kittrell (So., Greene County/State Line) has allowed only one run since moving to the bullpen (8 app, 10.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 13 K, 3 BB).
- Tuesday, April 16, vs. Baton Rouge, 3 p.m., at Perkinston
- Friday, April 19, vs. East Mississippi, 3 p.m., at Perkinston
- Wednesday, April 24, at Jones, 3 p.m., at Ellisville
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.