PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast heads into the final week of the regular season having a little more work to do in order to host postseason games.
The Bulldogs play the first of two home doubleheaders Tuesday against Southwest. First pitch is scheduled for 3 p.m., and the games will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8660723.
The MACJC regular-season champion will host the NJCAA Region 23 Tournaments. The next eight teams pair off for best-of-three series hosted by the higher-seeded team to determine four more spots in the field, which will also include defending national champion LSU Eunice.
Gulf Coast is tied for the fifth and final qualifying round hosting spot with Meridian, but the Eagles swept the regular-season meeting. The Bulldogs will have to finish ahead of the Eagles to beat them out.
- MGCCC: 24-14/14-10 MACJC, T-5th place in conference
- Southwest: 14-23/6-18 MACJC, 14th place in conference
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast got a split at Northeast on Saturday by winning the second game 4-1 after losing the first game 10-8.
- Southwest broke a four-game losing streak by sweeping East Mississippi 10-9 and 6-5 on Saturday in Summit.
Gulf Coast won a pair of game at Summit on April 24, 2018. The Bulldogs won 10-0 and 4-1.
- Friday, May 3, vs. Itawamba, 2 p.m., Perkinston, Sophomore Day
- May 10-11, NJCAA Region 23 Qualifier
- May 15-19, NJCAA Region 23 Tournament, MACJC champion hosts
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.