PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast heads into the 2018-19 MACJC South Division opener Monday having only lost one game.
The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m., and it will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8470547.
- MGCCC: 6-1
- ECCC: 6-0
Last Time Out
- MGCCC gradually pulled away at Delgado for a 90-71 win Thursday. DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) had 29 points and 13 rebounds, and Tafari Simms (Fr., Hamilton, Ontario/Lincoln Prep) added 20 points and seven boards.
- ECCC pounded Delgado 96-58 in Decatur on Monday. JaQuarius Smith had 17 points and nine rebounds.
On Feb. 8, Gulf Coast blew out East Central 86-61 behind 22 points each from Dedoch Chan and Qua'darius Green. Chan also snagged 13 rebounds.
- Gulf Coast has five players averaging double digits in scoring, led by Keevon Oney (So., Gulfport/Gulfport) with 13.0 points per game. The others are DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) at 12.1, Mykah Brown (Fr., Petal/Petal) at 10.7, Tafari Simms (Fr., Hamilton, Ontario/Lincoln Prep) at 10.7 and LaRaymond Spivery (So., Lucedale /George County) at 10.0.
- Moorer leads the Bulldogs with 9.1 rebounds per game. Spivery leads the team with 3.3 assists and 2.8 steals.
- Wednesday, vs. Delgado, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Jan. 5, vs. Bishop State, 4 p.m., Perkinston
- Jan. 10, at Copiah-Lincoln, 7:30 p.m., Wesson
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.