PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast is tied with Southwest atop the MACJC South standings, and the teams will play Monday at Summit to break the four-way tie.
Tipoff is scheduled for 7:15 p.m. An audio broadcast of the game will be streamed at http://wazafm.com.
- MGCCC: 10-1/2-0 MACJC South, T-1st in division
- Southwest: 10-1/2-0 MACJC South, T-1st in division
Last Time Out
- MGCCC extended its win streak to six games with a 75-59 win Thursday at Copiah-Lincoln. LaRaymond Spivery (So., Lucedale/George County) had 16 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Bulldogs.
- Southwest won 78-67 at Meridian behind 19 points from Jay Malone.
Dedoch Chan had 34 points to lead the Bulldogs to a 100-96 win over Southwest in Summit in the regular-season finale last year. Spivery had 27 points and nine assists.
- The Bulldogs rank third in points allowed, giving up just 60.7 per game.
- Gulf Coast ranks 28th in the country in defensive field goal percentage at 39.7 percent.
- DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) is averaging 4.1 offensive rebounds per game, ninth best in the country.
- Spivery's 2.6 steals per game is 20th-best in the country.
- Thursday, vs. Meridian, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Jan. 22, vs. Pearl River, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Jan. 24, at Jones, 7:30 p.m., Ellisville
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.