PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast tries to maintain at least a share of first place in the MACJC South on Thursday when Meridian visits the Weathers-Wentzell Center.
Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., and the game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8525987.
- MGCCC: 11-1/3-0 MACJC South, T-1st in division
- Meridian: 6-5/1-2 MACJC South, T-5th in division
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast won 67-65 at Southwest on Monday to stay atop the division. LaRaymond Spivery (So., Lucedale/George County) found DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) on an alley-oop in the final minute. Spivery led the Bulldogs with 14, and Moorer had 12.
- The Eagles picked up their first South win by beating Hinds 71-69 at home. Stephane Ayangma led four double-digit scorers with 18 points.
The Bulldogs sprinted ahead early in a 72-56 win at Meridian on Feb. 12, 2018. Dedoch Chan had 33 points and 17 rebounds for Gulf Coast, which earned a split with Meridian on the season.
"Right now, our guys are playing pretty well, particularly on the defensive end. There's no real magic to what we're doing. Our guys are just playing really hard together, really well together. We just have to keep doing that." – Coach Wendell Weathers
- The Bulldogs rank 3rd in the NJCAA allowing jut 61.1 points per game. They're 16th in defensive field-goal percentage (38.8 percent).
- Moorer is 16th in the country with 3.9 offensive rebounds a game.
- Spivery is 18th in the NJCAA with 2.6 steals per game.
- Tuesday, vs. Pearl River, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Jan. 24, at Jones, 7:30 p.m., Ellisville
- Jan. 28, vs. Hinds, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.