PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast lost its early MACJC South momentum over the last two games, but the Bulldogs want to get back on the winning foot Monday when Hinds visits the Weathers-Wentzell Center.
Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m. The game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8539713.
- MGCCC: 12-3/4-2 MACJC South, 3rd in division
- Hinds: 9-6/2-4 MACJC South, T-5th in division
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast lost 81-78 at Jones on Thursday.
- Hinds defeated East Central 78-76 in Utica on Thursday.
Gulf Coast held Hinds scoreless for the first 5:55 of the game on the way to an 80-66 win in Perkinston on Feb. 1, 2017.
- Despite giving up a season-high 81 points last time out, the Bulldogs are still ranked second in scoring defense (61.9 points.)
- Gulf Coast holds teams to 37.6 percent shooting from the field, fifth best in the country and top in the MACJC.
- DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) is 13th in the country with 3.8 offensive rebounds per game.
- LaRaymond Spivery (So., Lucedale/George County) is tied for 23rd in the NJCAA with 2.5 steals per game.
- Thursday, at East Central, 7:30 p.m., Decatur
- Feb. 4, vs. Copiah-Lincoln, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Feb. 7, vs. Southwest, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.