Gulf Coast needed overtime to beat East Central in December, and the Bulldogs head to Decatur on Thursday to try to get another victory.
The Warriors got their first MACJC South win last time out, but four of their six losses were by four points or less.
Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. and the game will be streamed on https://www.eccc.edu/eccc-media.
- MGCCC: 13-3/5-2 MACJC South, 3rd in division
- ECCC: 8-8/1-6 MACJC South, 8th in division
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast beat Hinds 82-72 in Perkinston on Monday behind Dillyn Neely's 36 points, including a 10-for-13 performance from behind the arc.
- East Central snapped a five-game losing streak by beating Southwest 84-81 in Decatur. Roti Ware had 31 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bulldogs rallied from a seven-point deficit in the final minute of regulation to beat the Warriors 83-80 in overtime. LaRaymond Spivery (So., Lucedale/George County) had 26 points, including the game-tying 3-pointer at the regulation buzzer.
"I hope one thing that's different is we don't commit 33 turnovers. I thought we played pretty good against them. Roti Ware is a really high-scoring guard. We did a good job against him in the first half last time, but we didn't the second half. We'll have to keep him in check and take care of the ball." – Gulf Coast coach Wendell Weathers
- Dillyn Neely (Fr., Biloxi/Biloxi) is 12th in the country in 3-point shooting percentage at 52.1 percent (37-of-71).
- DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) is 15th in the NJCAA in offensive rebounds at 3.7 per game.
- Thursday, at East Central, 7:30 p.m., Decatur
- Feb. 4, vs. Copiah-Lincoln, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Feb. 7, vs. Southwest, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.