PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast has firm control of third place in the MACJC South, but the Bulldogs need to keep winning to have a shot at winning the division.
They take on Copiah-Lincoln at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Weathers-Wentzell Center. The game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8548440.
- MGCCC: 14-3/6-2 MACJC South, 3rd in division
- Copiah-Lincoln: 10-7/3-5 MACJC South, T-4th in division
Last Time Out
- MGCCC finished a season sweep of East Central with a 72-65 win at Decatur. LaRaymond Spivery (So., Lucedale/George County) had 22 points to lead the Bulldogs.
- Co-Lin lost to No. 9 Pearl River 108-66 on Thursday in Wesson. Xavier Heidelberg had 21 points to lead the Wolves.
Spivery and Dillyn Neely combined for 30 points in a 75-59 win over the Wolves in Wesson.
- Gulf Coast is fourth in the country in scoring defense, allowing just 62.7 points a game.
- The Bulldogs are holding opponents to 39.2 percent shooting from the field, 15th best in the country.
- Dillyn Neely is 19th in the country at 3-point shooting percentage. He's made 37-of-73 (50.7 percent).
- Thursday, vs. Southwest, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Feb. 11, at Meridian, 7:30 p.m.
- Feb. 14, at Pearl River, 7:30 p.m., Poplarville
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.