PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast heads to Summit on Thursday to battle the Bears for second in the MACJC South.
Tipoff at Southwest is set for 7:15 p.m. The game will be streamed at https://southwestbearathletics.com/watch.
The Bulldogs will be looking for a season sweep against Southwest, which might also prove important for tiebreakers down the line. It's their sixth game out of seven on the road, ending a grueling stretch away from Perkinston.
Gulf Coast will close the regular season with three of the last four at the Weathers-Wentzell Center.
- MGCCC: 14-3/6-3 MACJC South, T-2nd place in standings
- Southwest: 12-6/6-3 MACJC South, T-2nd place in standings
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast edged Copiah-Lincoln 58-56 in overtime on Monday in Wesson. Dillyn Neely (So., Biloxi/Biloxi) had 19 points for the Bulldogs.
- Southwest won its third straight by winning 84-76 at home Monday.
Gulf Coast won 71-67 at Perkinston on Jan. 13 thanks to 18 points from Neely, who sparked a second-half comeback.
- Gulf Coast ranks third in NJCAA Division I in scoring defense (62.7 ppg). That's second in the MACJC.
- Southwest is sixth in the country in blocks (6.3 bpg). That leads the conference.
- Monday, Feb. 10: vs. Meridian, Perkinston, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 13: vs. Pearl River, Perkinston, 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 17: at Jones, Ellisville, 7:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.