PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast will be out to avenge the result of last year's MACJC championship game and extend its South Division winning streak when archrival Pearl River visits at 7 p.m. Friday.
The Wildcats won the state title in penalty kicks after a scoreless regular and two overtime periods. The Bulldogs have won 22 straight division contests.
The game at the MGCCC Soccer Complex will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8346066.
MGCCC, 2-0; PRCC 3-0.
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast was defeated 5-0 at No. 13 Georgia Military.
- Pearl River pounded East Central 10-2.
An apparent ninth-minute goal by MGCCC's Jordan Hall was waived off for offside, and PRCC won 4-1 in penalty kicks.
"We need to be strong defensively. Pearl River has a really dynamic attack with those two wingers and Bo Bowman at striker. We're going to have increase the pressure on them. We have to ugly-up the game a little bit." – Coach Chris Handy
- Gulf Coast won the regular-season meetings last year 4-0 and 1-0.
- PRCC has outscored Itawamba, Holmes and East Central 17-2 to open the season.
- Sept. 4, at Meridian, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 7, vs. Jones County, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 11, LSU Eunice, 6 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.