UPDATE: MGCCC's games at Meridian have been postponed. No makeup date has been announced.
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast will look to claim its first victory of the 2018 season when the Bulldogs travel to Meridian on Tuesday.
Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m., and Gulf Coast will look to extend its run of success against the Eagles.
MGCCC, 0-3/0-1 MACJC South, 5th place; Meridian, 1-3/0-0, T-2nd place
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast lost 5-1 to Pearl River in Perkinston on Friday.
- Meridian defeated Northwest 4-1 last Tuesday in Meridian.
MGCCC blasted Meridian 8-3 in Perkinston last October after Jordan Hall and Max Johnson scored twice each.
"Our first goal is to get a shutout. We've allowed a lot of goals the last three games. Granted, we've played good teams, but it's still too much. That's going to be our focus going forward." – MGCCC coach Chris Handy
- In the teams' last 10 meetings, all Bulldogs victories Gulf Coast has outscored Meridian 59-8
- Gulf Coast won last year's meetings 11-0 and 8-3
- Gulf Coast will dedicate Bary Thrash Field at the Sept. 7 game against Jones County. Ceremonies will take place between the women's and men's game.
- Sept. 7, vs. Jones County, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 11, at LSU Eunice, 6 p.m.
- Sept. 15, vs. Southwest, 7 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.