UPDATE: This release has been edited to reflect the game being moved to Wednesday in Perkinston.
PERKINSTON -- Mississippi Gulf Coast goes outside the MACJC on Wednesday looking for its first victory of the season. The Bulldogs are entertaining LSU Eunice at Bary Thrash Field in Perkinston at 6 p.m.
It's the first year of soccer for the Bengals, which added the men's and women's team for a total of six at the Region 23 rival.
The game may be streamed depending on weather conditions. Go to https://athletics.lsue.edu/watch for more information. If the game is streamed, there will be a charge to watch.
- MGCCC: 0-4
- LSU Eunice: 3-0
Last Time Out
- MGCCC lost 5-3 at Jones College on Friday, with Matt Roberts (Fr., Portsmouth England/Portsmouth Grammar School) picking up a pair of goals for the Bulldogs.
- LSU-E defeated Jacksonville College 10-1 on Sept. 1.
This will be the first time the teams have competed, with the Bengals having just launched the sport.
"They're an out-of-state opponent, which provides a unique challenge. It's coming at the right for us because it will allow us to try to get our season back on track. We need a game where we can just try a bunch of things to try to see what works that doesn't have so many long-term implications." – Coach Chris Handy
- Friday, Sept. 14, vs. Southwest, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 15, at Meridian, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, at Holmes, 4 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.