PERKINSTON — The postseason, for all practical purposes, begins Tuesday for the Mississippi Gulf Coast men's soccer team. The Bulldogs are in fourth in the MACJC South and travel to division-leading Pearl River for a 7 p.m. game.
The top four teams making the playoffs, and the Wildcats are tied with Southwest and Jones atop the division.
The game will be streamed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDCmrZ-Yac&index=2&list=PL8dva8gWQ4UdcCYXm8u8VbNf3l7D66uMg&t=0s.
- MGCCC, 4-7/1-3 MACJC South, 4th place in division
- Pearl River, 8-2/3-1 MACJC South, T-1st place in division
Last Time Out
- MGCCC lost 9-4 to Angelina College on Saturday in Perkinston.
- PRCC lost 3-1 to Hinds on Friday.
Pearl River scored three unanswered goals in the second half to win 5-1 in Perkinston on Aug. 31. Matt Roberts (Fr., Portsmouth England/Portsmouth Grammar School) had Gulf Coast's only goal.
"It's about which team shows up. If we show up at our best, we can win the game. If we don't, it's going to put us in a dire situation. We don't have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to getting the playoffs. Each and every game is super important. Really, our playoffs start tomorrow." — MGCCC coach Chris Handy
- Friday, vs. Meridian, 7 p.m., Perkinston
- Tuesday, Oct. 9, vs. Jones, 7 p.m. Perkinston
- Monday, Oct. 15, at Southwest, 3 p.m., Summit
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.