PERKINSTON — No. 8 Mississippi Gulf Coast gets a stern test Tuesday when the Lady Bulldogs travel to No. 1 Jones.
First pitch in Ellisville is scheduled for 4 p.m. The doubleheader will be streamed at http://jcjc.tv.
Gulf Coast is playing its second straight road doubleheader, part of a stretch of four of five away from Perkinston.
- MGCCC: 13-7/5-1 MACJC, T-2nd in conference
- Opponent: 20-3/6-0 MACJC, 1st in conference
Last Time Out
- MGCCC swept Holmes 11-5 and 5-1 in Goodman on Saturday. Shelby Archer (Fr., Pearl River Central/Picayune) had two homers in the first game, and Kristen Cade (Fr., Harrison Central/Saucier) twirled a four-hitter in the second.
- Jones beat Northwest 8-0 and 8-4 in Ellisville on Saturday. Lauren Stringer had a three-hit shutout, and Gracie McCleskey hit a grand slam in the second game.
Jones knocked Gulf Coast out of the 2018 MACJC playoffs in the first round with 5-2 and 4-1 wins at Ellisville last April.
- Cade ranks third among NJCAA Division II pitchers with 99 strikeouts and 6th at 10.14 K/7.
- Archer is second in NJCAA D-II with 10 home runs.
- The last MGCCC win in the series came March 28, 2017, a 7-6 win at West Harrison High School where Abbey Salvo had a three-run, walk-off triple.
- Friday, vs. East Mississippi, 2 p.m., Perkinston
- Wednesday, April 3, at East Central, 3 p.m., Decatur
- Saturday, April 6, at Mississippi Delta, noon, Moorhead
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.