PERKINSTON — Fresh off a win over the top-ranked team in the country, No. 9 Mississippi Gulf Coast gets back to work Friday when East Mississippi visits.
First pitch as Ross-Smith Field is set for 2 p.m. The game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8612239.
It's the only home doubleheader in a stretch of five where four are on the road.
- MGCCC: 14-8/6-2 MACJC, T-4th in conference
- EMCC: 2-11/2-6 MACJC, T-11th in conference
Last Time Out
- MGCCC split at No. 1 Jones, falling 8-7 in the opener before winning the second 10-2 in five innings. Briana Shores (Fr., Richland/Richland) and Shelby Archer (Fr., Pearl River Central/Picayune) had two homers each.
- East Mississippi got its first two wins of the season Tuesday in Scooba when it beat Coahoma 11-0 and 15-6, both in five innings. Megan Cummins went 4-for-5 with a double and a triple in the doubleheader, driving in four runs.
Gulf Coast won twice at Scooba on March 9, 2018, winning 11-9 and 6-4. Kaitlynn McGoey (So., Long Beach/Long Beach) had four hits, including a double and a triple, and drove in three runs.
- Kristen Cade (Fr., Harrison Central/Saucier) is third among NJCAA Division II pitchers with 104 strikeouts sixth with 10.21 K/7.
- Avery Sanders (So., Edward Douglas/Thibodaux, La.) has wins over No. 1 Jones and No. 2 LSU Eunice. She struck out 11 Lady Bengals in a 9-5 win on Feb. 24.
- Shelby Archer (Fr., Pearl River Central/Picayune) is tied with Louisburg's Haleigh Joyner for the NJCAA lead with 12 home runs. She has home runs in four of the last five games (five total).
- Betty Mingo (So., Choctaw Central/Philadelphia) has a four-game hit streak.
- Camryn Williams (So., White Hall/White Hall, Ark.) has hit safely in nine of her last 10 games.
- Wednesday, April 3, at East Central, 3 p.m., Decatur
- Saturday, April 6, at Mississippi Delta, noon, Moorhead
- Tuesday, April 9, vs. Pearl River, 4 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.