PERKINSTON — A doubleheader with important NJCAA and MACJC implications is on tap Friday at Ross-Smith Field.
No. 13 Mississippi Gulf Coast will host No. 11 Northeast will affect those rankings, as well as the standings at the top of the conference.
The games start at 2 p.m., and both will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8632111.
- MGCCC: 19-9/11-3 MACJC, 4th in conference
- Northeast: 25-7/10-2 MACJC, 3rd in conference
Last Time Out
- MGCCC swept archrival Pearl River 4-2 and 2-1 on Wednesday at Ross-Smith Field. Kristen Cade (Fr., Harrison Central/Saucier) and Avery Sanders (So., Edward Douglas/Thibodaux, La.) threw complete games, and the Lady Bulldogs scored go-ahead runs in the sixth inning of both games.
- Northeast swept East Mississippi in Booneville, winning 7-3 and 14-2 in five innings. The Lady Tigers had 21 total hits, three home runs, four doubles and a triple.
The teams split a doubleheader at Booneville, winning 7-3 in eight innings and losing a wild 16-15 game in the nightcap. Mya Hopson (So., Madison Central/Madison) had a homer in the first game, and Sanders had two in the second.
- Briana Shores (Fr., Richland/Richland) has a three-game hitting streak, and she also has RBIs in all three.
- Shelby Archer (Fr., Pearl River Central/Picayune) remains tied for third in NJCAA Division II with 12 home runs. (Hayleigh Joyner, Louisburg, 15)
- Cade is eighth in the country with 117 strikeouts and ninth averaging 9.91 strikeouts per seven innings.
- Monday, April 15, at Hinds, 3 p.m., Raymond
- Thursday, April 18, at LSU Eunice, 1 p.m., Eunice, La.
- Friday, April 19, at Mississippi Delta, noon, Moorhead
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.