PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast will take on archrival Pearl River on Tuesday, with tipoff scheduled for Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at the Weathers-Wentzell Center.
The Lady Bulldogs have won their last two games, and five of their last six. The game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8534104.
- MGCCC: 7-4, 3-1 MACJC South, T-2nd in division
- PRCC: 9-4, 2-2 MACJC South, T-4th in division
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast got 20 points and seven rebounds from Daphane White in a 67-54 win over Meridian in Perkinston. White shot 8-of-12 from the field.
- Pearl River pounded Baton Rouge 78-37 behind Gabby Brown's 20 points, including 6-of-8 from behind the arc.
The Wildcats defeated Gulf Coast 41-31 on Feb. 19. Deboney Wilson led the Lady Bulldogs with eight points.
"They're very scrappy. They play really, really hard. They're a great defensive team. We definitely have to match their defensive intensity, take care of the ball and execute." – Coach Hope Adams.
- Gulf Coast's Kayla Simmons (Fr., Brandon/Brandon) ranks seventh in the country at 12.3 rebounds per game. She leads the country by averaging 6.6 offensive rebounds.
- Mia Goolsby (Fr., Greenville, S.C./Legacy Early College) is eighth in the country with a 4.0 assist-to-turnover ratio
- Thursday, at Jones, 5:30 p.m., Ellisville
- Jan. 28, vs. Hinds, 5:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Jan. 31, at East Central, 5:30 p.m., Decatur
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.