The Mississippi Gulf Coast women continue their quest to make the postseason for the first time since 2013 on Monday, traveling to Meridian to play sixth-place Meridian.
The Lady Bulldogs are in a three-way tie for second in the MACJC South. Tipoff is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
- MGCCC: 10-7/6-4 MACJC South, T-2nd in division
- Meridian: 9-10/3-7 MACJC South, T-6th in division
Last Time Out
- MGCCC held Southwest to three points in the first quarter on the way to a 65-40 win at Perkinston on Thursday. Shelli Thigpen (So., Wylie, Texas/Wylie) had 10 points and 12 rebounds, and Azaria Howard (So., Richland/Richland) scored 11 for the Lady Bulldogs.
- Meridian lost 63-57 at Hinds on Thursday.
Around the MACJC South tonight (with division standing)
- 8. Hinds at T2. Pearl River, 5 p.m.
- 1. Jones at 5. East Central, 5:30 p.m.
- T2. Copiah-Lincoln at T6. Southwest, 5:30 p.m.
- Simmons continues to be among the nation's top offensive rebounders. She's averaging 5.2 per game, tied for third-most in NJCAA Division II. Her 10.3 total rebounds are tied for 20th.
- The Lady Bulldogs need one more win to get their highest total in a season since 2015-16. The 2012-13 team won eight division games.
- Thursday, at Pearl River, 5:30 p.m., Poplarville
- Feb. 18, vs. Jones, 5:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Feb. 21, at Hinds, 5:30 p.m., Utica
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.