A win in the Mississippi Gulf Coast women's basketball team's last regular-season MACJC South matchup Thursday night at Hinds should get the Lady Bulldogs into the state tournament for the first time since 2013.
Gulf Coast travels to Utica for a 5:30 p.m. tipoff. The game will be streamed at https://www.hindsccsports.net.
There could very well be a four-team tie for second place in the division, but the tiebreakers appear to be in the Lady Bulldogs' favor.
- MGCCC: 12-8/8-5 South, T-3rd in division
- Hinds: 6-15/1-12 South, 8th in division
Thursday night in the MACJC South
- 2. Copiah-Lincoln at 1. Jones, 5:30 p.m.
- T3. East Central at T6. Southwest, 5:30 p.m.
- T6. Meridian at T3. Pearl River, 5:30 p.m.
Last Time Out
- MGCCC lost 80-68 to No. 4 Jones at Perkinston. Breannah McCullah (So., Edwards/Raymond) led the Lady Bulldogs with 18 points.
- Hinds lost 76-59 at East Central, its third straight loss.
Gulf Coast beat Hinds 60-48 at Perkinston on Jan. 28 behind 14 points and seven rebounds from Kayla Simmons (Fr., Brandon/Brandon). McCullah and Azaria Howard (So., Richland/Richland) had 12 points each.
- Feb. 25-28, MACJC Tournament, Ellisville
- March 5-8, Region 23 Tournament, Clinton
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.