PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast tries to rebound from its first loss of the season Monday when Southwest visits the Weathers-Wentzell Center.
The Bears have won their first two games in division play.
Tipoff is set for 5:30 p.m., and the game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8959128.
- MGCCC: 9-1/1-1 MACJC South, T-4th place in standings
- Southwest: 9-2/2-0 MACJC South, T-1st place in standings
Last Time Out
- MGCCC suffered its first loss of the season, falling 49-42 to Copiah-Lincoln on Thursday at home.
- Southwest stayed perfect in the South with a 65-45 win over Meridian on the road.
Gulf Coast completed a season sweep of Southwest with a 65-40 on Feb. 7, 2019. Shelli Thigpen had a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Bulldogs.
- Gulf Coast's Daphane White (So., St. Martin/Gulfport) is averaging a double-double (14.6 points, 12.3 rebounds).
- Kelsi Jackson (Fr., South Jones/Moselle) is the only other Bulldog scoring in double digits (10.3 points), but five other Bulldogs average 5.0 points or more.
- This will be the third straight home game to start MACJC South play, but the Bulldogs will now have to play six of the next seven at home.
- The Bulldogs are averaging 24.6 free-throw attempts per game, ninth-most in the NJCAA Division I.
- Gulf Coast is giving up only 47.8 points per game, second-best in the country.
- Opponents are shooting just 27.6 percent from the field against Gulf Coast, second-lowest in the country. They shoot only 21.6 percent behind the 3-point line, also second-best.
- Thursday, Jan. 16, Meridian, at Meridian, 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, Pearl River, at Poplarville, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 23, Jones, at Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.