PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast starts a stretch of six road games in seven Thursday when the Bulldogs head to Meridian.
Gulf Coast got back on the winning foot in its last outing and will have the chance to get another streak going at 5:30 p.m.
The game will be streamed at https://www.mcceagleslive.com/watch.
- MGCCC: 10-1/2-1 MACJC South, T-2nd place in standings
- Meridian: 4-8/1-2 MACJC South, T-5th place in standings
Last Time Out
- MGCCC rallied from a 14-point deficit in the first quarter to beat Southwest 78-69 on Monday. Daphane White (So., St. Martin/Gulfport) had 24 points and 17 rebounds for the Bulldogs.
- Meridian went to Utica and beat Hinds 62-48 on Monday. Nyah Davis had 10 points and Andrika Carter pulled down seven rebounds.
Gulf Coast closed out a season sweep by beating Meridian 63-35 on the road on Feb. 11, 2019. Kayla Simmons had 11 points and 13 rebounds.
- Daphane White is ninth in NJCAA Division I with 12.7 rebounds per game.
- Gulf Coast shoots 24.6 free throws per game, ninth-most in the country.
- The Bulldogs grab 31.8 defensive rebounds per game, fifth-most in the country.
- MGCCC allows only 49.7 points per game, third-fewest in the country.
- Opponents shoot 28.5 percent from the floor against Gulf Coast, second-lowest in the country.
- Opponents shoot 23.2 percent from the 3-point line against the Bulldogs, fifth-lowest in the country.
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, at Pearl River, Poplarville, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 23, vs. Jones, Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 27, at Hinds, Utica, 5:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.