PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast makes the short trip to Poplarville on Tuesday to face archrival Pearl River.
The Bulldogs will be trying to maintain their hold on second place in the MACJC South standing. The game will be streamed at https://www.prccmedia.com/.
- MGCCC: 11-1/3-1 MACJC South, T-2nd place in standings
- Pearl River: 9-4/2-2 MACJC South, T-3rd place in standings
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast pulled out a 61-58 win at Meridian on Thursday thanks to 23 points from Mia Goolsby (So., Legacy Early College/Greenville S.C.).
- Pearl River battered Coastal Alabama-North 92-61 on Saturday to win its second straight.
Gulf Coast closed out a season sweep of Pearl River on the road by beating the Wildcats 68-49 on Feb. 14, 2019. Kayla Simmons and Amber Sutton had 11 points for the Bulldogs.
- Gulf Coast ranks eighth in the country in defensive rebounds with 31.7 per game.
- The Bulldogs allow just 50.4 points per game, fifth-fewest in the country.
- Opponents shoot just 29.4 percent from the field, 2nd lowest in NJCAA Division I.
- Daphane White (So., St. Martin/Gulfport) is averaging 12.7 rebounds per game, eighth-most in the country and most in the MACJC. Her 2.6 blocks per game also top the MACJC and rank 12th in the country.
- Thursday, Jan. 23, vs. Jones, Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 27, at Hinds, Utica, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 30, at East Central, Decatur, 5:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.