PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast plays the first of four straight games on the road when the Bulldogs travel to Utica on Monday.
Tipoff against Hinds is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. The game will be streamed at https://www.hindsccsports.net/.
Gulf Coast is in the middle of a stretch of six of seven road games, looking to bounce back after only their second loss of the season.
- MGCCC: 12-2/4-2 MACJC South, T-2nd place in standings
- Hinds: 2-11/0-6 MACJC South, 8th place in standings
Last Time Out
- MGCCC lost 60-46 to Jones at Perkinston on Thursday. Daphane White had 10 points and 11 rebounds for her ninth double-double of the season.
- Hinds lost 64-57 at East Central on Thursday. It was their ninth straight loss.
Gulf Coast completed a season sweep of Hinds by winning 62-50 at Utica on Feb. 21, 2019. Kayla Simmons had 19 points as the Bulldogs clinched their first postseason berth since 2013.
- Gulf Coast ranks second in the country in opponent field goal percentage, allowing only 29.8 percent shooting.
- The Bulldogs rank seventh in the country is opponent scoring at 51.4 points per game.
- MGCCC's Daphane White is eighth in the NJCAA at 12.9 rebounds per game. She leads the MACJC.
- White's 2.7 blocks per game are 11th-best in the country. She leads the MACJC.
- Thursday, Feb. 30: at Hinds, Utica, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 3: at East Central, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 6: at Copiah-Lincoln, 5:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.