PERKINSTON — The first half of the MACJC South schedule is in the review mirror, and Mississippi Gulf Coast continues a string of road games Thursday tied for second in the division.
The Bulldogs head to Decatur for a 5:30 p.m. tipoff against East Central. The game will be streamed at https://www.eccc.edu/eccc-media.
Gulf Coast will play two more road games after the trip to face the Warriors, and the Bulldogs will have played six of their previous seven away from Perk by the end of the run.
- MGCCC: 13-2/5-2 MACJC South, T-2nd place in standings
- ECCC: 7-9/2-5 MACJC South, 7th place in standings
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast beat Hinds 62-55 on Monday in Utica. Kayla Simmons (So., Brandon/Brandon) led the Bulldogs with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- East Central lost 61-51 at Southwest on Monday. Ja'Lancia Kohlheim had 15 points for the Warriors.
Gulf Coast beat East Central 52-44 at Perkinston on Dec. 9 to open division play. Daphane White (So., St. Martin/Gulfport) had 19 points and 17 rebounds.
"I think we're in a pretty good position. We spoke with the girls after the Hinds game and said we're starting over. We've got three big road games. I think if we play well in those three games, we'll be in good shape for the state tournament." – MGCCC Coach Hope Adams
- Gulf Coast allows 51.7 points per game, sixth-best among NJCAA Division I teams.
- Opponents manage only 29.8 percent shooting from the field against Gulf Coast, second-lowest in the country.
- The Bulldogs have the 16th-highest number of defensive rebounds per game (30.7).
- Daphane White (So., St. Martin/Gulfport) is eighth in the country in rebounding (12.3 per game).
- Monday, Feb. 3, at Copiah-Lincoln, Wesson, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 6, at Southwest, Summit, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 10, vs. Meridian, Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.