PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast will try to avenge one of its only two losses of the season Monday when it travels to Copiah-Lincoln.
Tipoff is set for 5:30 p.m. in Wesson. The game will be streamed at https://www.colinathletics.com/general/live_stream.
The Bulldogs, who are tied with Southwest for second in the division, are playing their third straight road game. They've played four of their last five away from Perk.
- MGCCC: 14-2/6-2 MACJC South, T-2nd place in standings
- Copiah-Lincoln: 9-8/3-5 MACJC South, T-5th place in standings
Last Time Out
- MGCCC held on for a 66-64 win over East Central on Thursday in Decatur.
- Co-Lin lost 65-51 at Pearl River on Thursday for the Wolves' third straight loss.
Co-Lin beat Gulf Coast 49-42 on Jan. 9 at Perkinston. The Bulldogs shot only 19 percent from the floor in the second half.
- The Bulldogs are second in NJCAA Division I in field goal percentage defense (30.0 percent). That's the best in the MACJC.
- Gulf Coast is sixth in the country in scoring defense (52.4 ppg). That's the best in the state.
- MGCCC is ninth the country in 3-point percentage defense (24.6 percent). It also leads the MACJC.
- Daphane White (So., St. Martin/Gulfport) is ninth in the country with 12.1 rebounds per game, best in the state.
- Thursday, Feb. 6: at Southwest, Summit, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 10: vs. Meridian, Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 13: at Pearl River, Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.