PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast will try to get back into a share of second place in the MACJC South on Thursday with a trip to Southwest.
Tipoff at Summit is set for 5:30 p.m. The game will be streamed at https://southwestbearathletics.com/watch.
If the Bulldogs win, they would be even in the standings but would have the tiebreaker against the Bears because of a season sweep. It's the last gave of a stretch that has seen Gulf Coast play six of seven games on the road.
- MGCCC: 14-3/6-3 MACJC South, 3rd place in standings
- Southwest: 14-4/7-2 MACJC South, 2nd place in standings
Last Time Out
- MGCCC lost 68-63 in overtime at Copiah-Lincoln on Monday.
- Southwest beat Meridian 81-68 at Summit on Monday to win its fourth straight.
- Gulf Coast ranks second in NJCAA Division I in field goal defense (30.4 percent). That leads the conference.
- The Bulldogs are in the top 10 in 3-point defense (24.6 percent, eighth) and scoring defense (53.4 ppg, ninth). Both lead the MACJC.
- Southwest is 11th in the country in 3-point shooting (35.8 percent) and fifth in turnovers (12.6 per game).
- White is ninth in the country in rebounding (11.8 rpg), tops in the MACJC.
- Monday, Feb. 10: vs. Meridian, Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 13: vs. Pearl River, Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 17: at Jones, Ellisville, 7:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.