PERKINSTON — After a brutal stretch of road games, Mississippi Gulf Coast returns to the friendly confines of the Weathers-Wentzell Center on Monday.
The Bulldogs entertain Meridian at 5:30 p.m. The game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8995394.
The women played six of their last seven on the road, but finish the regular-season by playing three of four at Perk. The Bulldogs are looking to break a two-game losing streak and solidify their hold on third place in the MACJC South. They went 4-3 during the stretch.
The top four teams from the division advance to play in the state tournament, hosted by the North women's regular-season champion.
- MGCCC: 14-4/6-4 MACJC South, 3rd place in division
- Meridian: 7-12/4-6 MACJC South, T-5th place in division
Last Time Out
- MGCCC lost 62-50 at Southwest on Thursday.
- Meridian lost 77-59 against Hinds on Thursday.
Gulf Coast's Mia Goolsby (So., Legacy Early College/Greenville S.C.) made six 3-pointers on the way to 23 points in 61-58 win at Meridian.
- Gulf Coast allows opponents to shoot just 30.6 percent from the field, third-best in NJCAA Division I.
- The Bulldogs allow just 53.8 points per game, 10th-fewest in the country.
- Opponents are shooting 25.4 percent from the 3-point line, 15th-lowest in the country.
- Daphane White (So., St. Martin/Gulfport) is averaging 11.8 rebounds per game, 10th-best in the country.
- Thursday, Feb. 13: vs. Pearl River, Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 17: at Jones, Ellisville, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 20: vs. Hinds, Perkinston, 5:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.