PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast opens its regular season Friday at the MGCCC Soccer Complex against its archrival. The Lady Bulldogs kick off against Pearl River at 5 p.m.
The game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8346066.
MGCCC, 0-0; PRCC, 1-2.
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast has only played a pair of exhibition games against William Carey and LSU-Alexandria.
- Pearl River edged East Central 1-0 on Tuesday.
Gulf Coast erased a pair of second-half deficits against PRCC in the regular season and tied the game at 2 on Erin Longsden's penalty kick with 30 seconds left in regulation. Neither team scored in two overtime periods.
"Pearl River is very athletics, so I think we're going to have to be very organized on our back line to be able to stop their run. They've got one target player they're trying to play the ball to. As long as we stay organized, I think we'll be OK." – Coach Jackie Rhodes
- The teams tied twice last season, 1-1 and 2-2.
- Both teams advanced to the MACJC playoffs last year. MGCCC defeated Itawamba 3-2 in overtime before being eliminated by eventual state champ JCJC in PKs in the semifinals. PRCC lost 2-0 to Northwest.
- Sept. 4, at Meridian, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 7, vs. Jones County, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 11, LSU Eunice, 6 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.