UPDATE: MGCCC's games at Meridian have been postponed. No makeup date has been announced.
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast tries to stay unbeaten in 2018 when the Lady Bulldogs travel to Meridian on Tuesday.
The Lady Bulldogs and Lady Eagles are scheduled to kick off at 5 p.m. It will be Meridian's first MACJC South game of the season.
MGCCC, 1-0/1-0 MACJC South, 1st place; Meridian, 2-3/0-0, T-2nd place
Last Time Out
- MGCCC defeated archrival Pearl River 3-1 on Friday in Perkinston
- Meridian lost to Columbia State 1-0 on Saturday in Birmingham
Gulf Coast clinched a spot in the MACJC playoffs last October with a 3-0 shutout of Meridian in Perkinston. Haley Lott (So., Gulfport/West Harrison) had a shutout, and Erin Longsden scored twice.
"I don't know a lot about Meridian. I think they're going to be a solid team. We're just going to build off what we did against Pearl River on Friday, which is press high and try to win the ball, then score some goals." – Lady Bulldogs coach Jackie Rhodes
- MGCCC has won the last four meetings by a combined score of 14-1
- The Lady Bulldogs haven't allowed Meridian a goal in the last three meetings
- Gulf Coast will dedicate Bary Thrash Field at the Sept. 7 game against Jones County. Ceremonies will take place between the women's and men's game.
- Sept. 7, vs. Jones County, 5 p.m.
- Sept. 11, at LSU Eunice, 4 p.m.
- Sept. 15, vs. Southwest, 4 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.